Sunday, February 28, 2010

Marriage\Love\Relationship

I am so tired of so many people forgetting what it means to be in a relationship or married.  Its like today people just do it for all the wrong reasons.  I had a friend who got married because he got the girl pregnant and thought he loved her.  Mind you they were only dating about 6 or 8 weeks when they got married.  Well I just talked to him and the poor guy is miserable.  He said he should never of gotten married.  He didn't really know her and come to find out he wasn't in love with her.  He loves his child with all his heart but realized he could of still done that not being married to the mother. 
Why do people just jump the gun and get married.  Gosh I dated my husband 4 years before we got engaged plus we lived together to make sure it was right.  It was another 2 and half years before we got married.  I am so glad I did it that way.  With my daughter's father he proposed after 4 months I stupidly took the ring but then again this was after my husband dying and feeling so alone and empty.  Even then I didn't run down the aisle.  Heck we broke up more times I can count and only reason we stayed together was because I found out I was pregnant.  I thought I could fix things and we would be a happy family.  How wrong I was!!!  So today I am slowly getting myself to stand on my own to feet.  I am currently dating but not jumping into anything serious.  I have actually met a few people some I have know for years and some are new.  This time I am going to make sure its right especially now that I have Alexis.  Several months ago I thought I met the perfect man someone I had known but sadly didn't work out.  I was made to feel like it was my fault but come to find out days and weeks after he broke things off that he had been lying for months to me and my daughter.  Part of me was so so angry I was going to destroy him but since finding this blogging I have gotten so much of my chest. Plus thanks to many friends on Facebook they got me through it. Some new friends have been so kind as to send me so much information on the person along with pictures. I love this person for who there are on the inside, well wait the person they were on the inside 20 years ago.  The person they are today I don't know that person it was shocking to find out they acted the way they did.  I have said it in prior post and will say it again here.  The person is my friend and will always be there for them.  If they called me for help or need a friend to talk to I will always be there for them. I don't turn my back on friends even if I date them and it doesn't work out.  I believe things happen for a reason or it was ever meant to be or just not meant to be at the time.  I am so loving my life and hope that in the next few months I will be in a new place and just enjoying life.  Hopefully I will find the right man who will love me and Alexis and want to spend his life with us and enjoy life with us. 
Love is so special and great no one should ever rush into and worse no one should just get married because of a baby.  A baby doesn't changed thing nor make life better.  A child is a special gift from God and deserves only the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment